Saturday, September 29, 2012

Intimacy

Yes we had made love,
and perhaps became one
for a fragment
of those splintered orgasms,
escaping in spite of ourselves.
But when she says intimacy,
I think of the times you sat silently
and wiped with the ends of your shirt
the edges of my
red spectacles
as I kept on writing
feigning ignorance
of your presence, the heaviness of which was
its lightness;
that and the roughness
of the skin around your nails
which I grazed and you bit
in assurance, in anxiety,
in memory , in forgetting.

2 comments:


  1. Hey Aparna....

    I've been following your blog for quite some time now... I have nothing but praises for you.

    Back in school, when asked to describe oneself in a word, I remember you defining yourself as a "talented-charm". You truly are very talented with a very vast potential.

    Always remember, very few of us are gifted the way yu have been. The way you have decorated your poems with sincerity and rawness is simply beautiful n overwhelming-ly fresh.

    Please keep up the gud work....
    Looking forward to read more of your work.....


    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks a ton for the message..and for reminding me how dramatic I was in school :D Its always a pleasure to know somebody reads these poems :)

    ReplyDelete